Saturday, June 22, 2013

The important things.

I don't know where to begin. So how about just from the beginning. For the fourth summer in a row I have attended efy with my dear friend Bonnie. Her and I go to different schools so I don't see her as often as I would like. That's why I cherish our weeks at efy. That girl and I have a special bond. I can't explain it. It just works.
My testimony has become the biggest part of me in the past weeks. It's always been the focus, but I've actually started using it in my life to its full capacity. I've never felt so much joy as when I'm sitting in a room with hundreds of kids who are all there for the same reason. To become closer to Him. It's truly amazing.
I find complete peace in the gospel. It has been a challenging week for me. I tried my best to shut out the outside world, but it was all  pushing down on my shoulders. I actually had to have my dad come pick me up Wednesday night to come home and take care of things. Tender mercy. My dad is the most amazing man I have ever met. I want to marry a man just like him, and I won't settle for less. The way he treats my mom is amazing and one day I hope to be treated that way as well. I'm just waiting to someday meet this guy. As my dad and I were driving back he started just asking me about everything in my life at the moment. I started to tell him and realized my issues weren't actually that big. I shouldn't care what other people think. There really is only one person I should please and He loves me unconditionally. He will never leave my side. For those few moments I had alone with my dad I forgot everything. We blasted songs halfway to Provo. I don't sing in front of a lot of people, but my dad and I were belting and I felt complete security and happiness. For now, my dad is the only man I need.
I was lucky to be reunited with my 3 best friends today. First I went to lunch with kels. She's willing to listen to me talk and give me honest advice. I'd be lost without her. Then I went and got snocones with Hannah. We talked about Tokyo and my senior year and how each person is unique. At efy you are surrounded by Mormon girls. There are times that you feel like you have nothing that makes you stand out. I've got bushy hair, fair skin, a little nose, a quirky laugh, my cheeks get large when I smile, I can't walk in a straight line, and I have an issue of giving back sassy comments. I've always seen these things as flaws. But I've come to realize its what makes me myself. And I have people in my life who love me EXACTLY how I am. They will be there for me mistake after mistake and will put up with me. That's all I could ask for.
3 weeks. That how long Parker was gone. So as I opened my front door tonight and saw him leaning up against his car, I may have cried a little. We hugged and hugged and then he tickled me. Typical. We sat in my park under the stars on my favorite blanket. It was a bit cold, but not terrible. We caught up with each other, and then began to act like we always do. Like our complete selves. We attempted to sing and harmonize, I filled him in on the life of a pine tree, and we laughed til our bellies hurt. But he also sat very quiet and listened to me tell him about a few things. He always knows what to say to me. And hearing him tell me I was perfect the exact way I am warmed my heart. The kid is a blessing in my life. And he always smells good. Just another reason why he gives the best hugs.

People come in and out of our lives for a reason. Doors open and close. Sometimes we shut them, and often people shut them for you. But I've always liked trying new things. So this time I'm not looking back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment