Tuesday, April 9, 2013

6 months

Today marks 6 months.
To the day.
So it was the perfect day to go back to ballet.
I haven't worn a leotard and tights in over 7 months. I haven't done my hair in a ballet bun either.
But it all felt normal. It felt great.
I pulled my old ballet shoes out of my dance bag that haven't seen daylight since the day of the injury.
Hah they still smelled just as bad.
The studio still feels like home. I love all the hugs from the cute girls that I've missed so much.
It almost felt like I'd never been gone.
Then we started barre and the knee injury was obvious.
I still can't plie' very well and I'm unstable whenever I do the left side of barre.
However, none of that really matters. Because I was doing it.
I was back at ballet and trying my best.
I've still got a long road ahead of me, but I make progress each day.
You could see the little purple scar through my pink tights. You could actually see all 5 scars.
They don't bother me though. Just another thing to make me unique.

On the other hand, I picked up my prom dress today. I LOVE it. If my mom would let me, I would probably sleep in it. Things are all coming together. My date will be so fun, and after this Saturday I don't have to worry about planning this dance anymore.

We've been studying poetry in Mr. Lind's class. I've grown to love poems because of my dad. Well I've grown to just love English in general. My dad created a list of the 20 most important grammar rules and we spent some time one night going over it. I know it sounds weird, but that's completely normal in the Vernon home.

So here's the poem for the week.

A thought went up my mind to-day

A thought went up my mind to-day
That I have had before,
But did not finish,--some way back,
I could not fix the year,

Nor where it went, nor why it came
The second time to me,
Nor definitely what it was,
Have I the art to say.

But somewhere in my soul, I know
I've met the thing before;
It just reminded me--'t was all--
And came my way no more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment