Saturday, April 27, 2013

And We Danced.

Well it was a big weekend.
It was the dance co concert.
It's been an exhausting week just in general. We were at the school everyday this week until about 9pm. But it all pays off. The concert was so wonderful! It is hard to put into words how good it felt to be on stage performing again. I've missed it more then you can imagine. Friday night concert was very emotional because it was the last time we would dance with the senior girls. More then half the team are seniors and I have a unique friendship with each one of them. They have all shaped the person I have become this year. You could say there were many tears before the concert, after, and even during the show. The duo I did with Devyn was an experience I will never forget. She has become a part of me that I will cherish. I was honored to share the stage with her. Overall, the best way to put it into words, is we stabbed this concert. Dance co style.

Before we went on stage, Aubrie had us dedicate our performance to one person. We wrote a letter to them, and we were supposed to keep them in mind throughout the whole show. I wrote my letter to Spencer. He has come to every single dance recital and I know he was there because he wanted to be. He loves watching me dance. So I dedicated my performance to him because I know he would have been sitting front row watching me, jus as happy as I was to be back on stage. Right before we went on stage, McCall came up to me and handed me a letter. She had decided to dedicate this last concert to me. I have grown up dancing with McCall since we were 3 and 4. We've performed together countless time. We've been to competitions together, performed in St. George, San Fran, Disneyland and now dance co together. Right after I tore my ACL I talked to the dance co girls about never taking dance for granted. It is a gift, not just something you should should expect. I guess that really touched McCall. In her letter she told me that ever since my injury she has had a different attitude with dance. She said she has danced for me every day since September 12th. Well we were bawling of course, and I just sat and hugged McCall after she gave me the letter.
 I'm blessed to have her as such a good friend.
I'm blessed to dance.
I'm blessed to have a healthy body.
I'm blessed to have trials.
I'm blessed to have a Father in Heaven who cares so much about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment