Friday, May 10, 2013

On the Bright Side...

My list of 10 things I'm grateful for today:

1. I got an 81% on my math test. I don't think you realize how happy I am about that.
2. I finished all my core testing. Only 2 more weeks of chemistry!!
3. I had my piano recital on Thursday. It was great! I forget how much I love playing piano until l perform.
4. I made dance co next year! Hah i know, complete shocker. I woke up this morning bright and early to McCall and Brooke jumping on my bed. Change will be hard adjusting to a new team, but I'm very excited.
5. I have wonderful friends. Friends who are always there when I need them. Friends like Parker and Maggie and Kels who will listen to my crazy life, and show their support.
6. I'm grateful for the peace and happiness that I find in the gospel.
7. I'm grateful for seminary teachers who will let me come in and talk with them all through lunch. The advice and guidance that I was given was just what I needed to hear.
8. I spent half my Friday night working on an English project with Mags. Then I came home and watched a movie with my family. I could have gone and spent more time with friends, but I realized that the people I needed to spend more time with was my family. Because when I am home, I know I'm loved unconditionally.
9. I helped set up for the senior dinner dance today. The new council was in charge of setting up. It was strange at first without the seniors, but then I got really excited. I will be a senior next year. I'm excited to make new friends, have a fresh start with school, and have one more year at wonderful AF high. My junior year has been great. It really has. I've learned a lot about myself. But I'm ready for change. I'm ready for the seniors to graduate and have my spot as the top class.
10. Tomorrow I have an all day workshop for all the Student Council's in alpine district. I have to be late however, because I have dress rehearsal for the Showcase recital on Monday. I'm grateful to be able to at least be in a few dances in the recital. I cherish any time I get to be on stage.

So over all, I guess you could say I am really happy. This doesn't mean everything in my life is perfect. Not at all. But if you let people bring you down, you need go realize that sometimes you have to find your own happiness. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people around me. I'm reminded everyday how lucky I am to have so many people who care about me. If you focus on these people, the other problems in life don't matter. I'm grateful for these life lessons. It's all part of growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment