Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lessons

I go to school everyday and sit in different classes. It's amazing though that I tend to learn more outside of the classroom. Especially these past few weeks. Let me share with you a few things I've learned. 
1. Dissappointment happens. Even when you do all you can to work toward a goal, it may not work out. We often don't see why things don't work the way we want them. I can't really give you an answer. However I can give you a little advice. Don't let it get to you. Look for the lessons you have learned and focus on them. Also don't pity yourself. Something else will come into your life that fills that hole. Believe me, I have countless stories. Feel free to ask me about it. 
2 Make sure the people around you know that you love them. I haven't always been a great friend, but I'm learning what it means to really be there for someone on their time of need. I wish I could have figured this out earlier. 
3. Stick up for yourself. Don't let people pressure you into things you don't want. You know what you want.  If someone really cares about you, then they will respect your decision and love you no matter what. 
4. The heart is a tender thing. I also have a hard time letting go. 
5. Trust in God. 
6. Remember your worth. 
7. Smile. It really does help. 
8. I can't control everything. Now this is a lesson I learn daily. I like to do things on my own, and have them done exactly how I want. I also can't control what other people think. I need to be willing to trust other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment