Friday, January 25, 2013

The thoughts I had tonight.

Guys. I danced tonight. Well kinda. I performed with my wonderful dance co at the basketball game. Devyn and I had to do things a little modified due to the fact we're a little handicapped. But it still felt absolutely amazing. I've missed dance so much. It really is how I express myself. I don't know a better feeling than being able to dance for a large group of people and share your talent. I know it's a gift from God. One gift I will never take for granted again.

I don't think people understand how amazing high school is. I kinda thought about this tonight at the basketball game. I was sitting behind someone whos head I couldnt see over, so I had  some time to just look  around and think. Sure there is some stuff that we all wish we could just get rid of. Like those people who are only concerned about their social status, or if they will get a kiss that weekend. Please, let's just all be friends. We're only cavemen together for so long. If I'm going to have to see someone at school every day, we might as well be friends. How many faces do you see everyday that you don't know anything about those people?  I've learned the value of people this year. Part of the reason is because of student council. And please don't call me sweater. That was funny for the first week, not any more. Some people think stuco gives you this view that you are better than everyone else. Well it actually does the opposite. I've met so many people this year  that I've grown to care so much for. I've really seen that what people say about me doesn't matter. Because the fact is that I'm happy. I'm meeting new friends. People mean so much to me. I've also learned that just because someone feels or thinks something negative about you, it doesn't mean they are right. You know yourself better than anyone else does. Don't let people who give you so little thought, consume your thoughts. Please just live in high school. You really only get one shot at it. So make it the best you can. And so what if someone thinks your dramatic. It's all part of growing up. Don't let people discourage you. There is only so much you can do to please people. If they aren't willing to make an effort then don't stress. They may not be worth it. AF is filled with amazing people who will do extraordinary things. Through being involved with the school, I've grown to love it. Especially my stuco family and dance co sisters . They are hard to beat.

P.S. sorry for the long post. I've been grounded all week and had nothing better to do on a Friday night.

Oh and I'm still smiling about dancing tonight. Life is looking up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment