Tuesday, January 8, 2013

To Love and Be Loved

Today I learned something during school that will apply to my everyday life. Like really, how often does that happen?
We had a Pastor come and talk to us in my world religion class. He said the main purpose we are here is to love and be loved. I don't know if I can agree that is our main purpose, but that is definitely a large part. Everything we do and how we act is for the sake of love. He said the main purpose he played football was to feel loved. He realized it was the wrong kind of love he was looking for. He was looking for the love that makes him feel important. Popularity. That's what a lot of kids are looking for in high school. I started thinking over my actions recently and realized his view of love fits me perfectly. So my word of advice: love everyone. Get to know people. Everyone has so much to offer and so much potential. People really are amazing.

I love the DI. You can find the most cool but weird things. I've got a friend who likes collecting vinyls. So while I was at the DI I decided to get him some for his birthday. I realized I really love making people happy. I love knowing a person well enough to know what they really like. But it also makes me feel great when people know me well enough to know what makes me happy. I'm blessed to have people in my life like that. It's a huge blessing in high school.

Tonight my closing quote isn't Mumford. I know that's a complete shocker. But it's Coldplay. Which is also amazing.

"And high up above or down below.
When you're too inlove to let it go.
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth."

No comments:

Post a Comment